Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Matching Smiles to Personalities and Creating Beautiful, Natural Smiles with Cosmetic Dentistry


Beverly Hills cosmetic dentist, Dr. Kourosh Maddahi, is dedicated to creating beautiful, natural smiles. "I had one patient come in with her gums bleeding, teeth cracked, missing and broken. In four weeks I made her a full mouth reconstruction. She was so elated. She sat there crying, saying �you've changed my life, you've saved my life.' There's nothing that would replace that kind of acknowledgment from a patient. That's what I live for."

We have all seen friends or co-workers with a mouth full of dental work and the teeth look unnatural; perhaps too big, too small or just the wrong style. Dr. Maddahi explains his methodology, "When I look at a patient, I am not just looking at their teeth. I am looking at their whole face, how to make that smile to match their personality, the symmetry of their face."

This combination of art and dentistry has made Dr. Maddahi one of Los Angeles' leading cosmetic dentists. Additionally, he is very interested in what his patients want, what they suggest and that they are most comfortable with. He uses state-of-the-art digital cosmetic imaging equipment that he and the patient consult to find the best new smile for them. This will display a computerized split image photograph of the patient's smile. On the top half of the screen is the current smile and on the bottom is a digital simulation of the smile after the work has been completed, allowing an immediate decision on cosmetic dentistry to be done.

There are numerous choices for a patient who would like a smile makeover. Some simply need teeth whitening. Others might want a few new teeth to match the rest of their mouth. The choices are many, including porcelain veneers, porcelain crowns, teeth whitening, cosmetic implants, bridges, recontouring, composite bonding, porcelain inlays, porcelain onlays and dentures.

Dr. Maddahi's office uses other high-tech equipment like a painless system that uses air instead of metal to drill teeth, for new decay on a tooth. Digital x-rays that cut down the time the patient is in the dental office. It takes three seconds for an X-ray image to transfer to the computer screen. Using digital X-rays the dentist has the ability to magnify, colorize, and alter the density of the image. He also uses IntraOral Cameras, which are small pen-shaped cameras that magnify every tooth and gum surface in the mouth.

"I've always enjoyed working with my hands," Dr. Maddahi explains, "so dentistry was a natural career choice for me. And I've been focused from the beginning. When I started my formal education, I made a commitment to excellence and I continue that commitment today."

Dr. Kourosh Maddahi, has been specializing in creating beautiful, natural smiles for 20 years and is located in Beverly Hills at 436 N. Roxbury Drive, Suite 202 and can be reached at 310-888-7797.

No comments: